A gratitude or appreciation journal is a very special book reserved for you to record all of the things you are grateful for or appreciate in your life.
Amazing things start to happen when you re-focus your camera to find the small jewels of moments worth remembering. As you recall them, positive feelings wash over you again. Gratitude and appreciation are highly contagious. As you start finding things to appreciate in all of the people of your life, by Law of Attraction, or "like attracts like," you'll find more and more people, places and things to appreciate. This simple, regular practice of looking for positive aspects every day will bring more and more positive things into your life!
Easy As 1-2-3...4-5!
There are many ways to keep a gratitude/appreciation journal. Here are a few suggestions. Of course, feel free to be creative and create your own! It does work best, though, to write something every day.
1. Write five things every day that you are grateful for or appreciate. Five. Every day. This is a great thing to do before bedtime to pave the way for a good night's sleep. There's no better way to end the day than by recalling the positive moments, no matter how small, instead of rehashing the stressful or anxiety-producing ones.
2. Make lists of the positive aspects of the various parts of your life. Notice all the things that ARE working, that you DO like, that are FUN or SPECIAL. List every positive aspect of every part of your life -- including your mate, your home, your friends, your work…and your SELF.
3. Allow yourself to sketch or doodle in your journal. This will help free up another part of your mind.
4. Write at least 5 positive, uplifting words to yourself every day.
5. Clip out pictures of places or things you're drawn to and write five reasons why you like it.
When you hold a vibration of gratitude, the Universe delivers more things for you to feel grateful for – even things that you don't know you want yet!
"Thank you for the day before me and the one behind,
I believe You do adore me, body, soul & mind.
Thank you for a thousand things each and every day
Thank you for the unseen blessings
already on their way..."
-from UNSEEN BLESSINGS by Sandi Kimmel on her Music In My Soul CD
Award-winning poet Mary Oliver asked herself eight questions about gratitude. Her answers are both soothing and universal. You can read Mary Oliver's GRATITUDE poem here.
Meister Eckhardt, the 13th-Century mystic said, "If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice."
"Thank you, dear God, for the morning
Thank you, dear God, for the day.
Thank you, dear God, for everything...
That's all I have to say!"
-from THANK YOU by Sandi Kimmel on Transitions CD
For additional Inspiration read one of the stories below and don't forget to Create a Vision Board - click graphic below for details.
* Little Things
* Al's Angels
* Amaryllis Emergency
* Plant Story
* Healing Power of Music
* Keyboard Connection
* The Power of the Rose
* Vision Boards